Thursday 6 May 2010

Adios Amigos

Time at last for me to close up this grubby little corner of The Internets™. There, there; try to hold the tears back. I've greatly enjoyed reading many of your Bad Blogs, and probably enjoyed not reading the remainder even more... but before I go, I'll cast another couple of responses into the wind, in some kind of ineffectual effort at dressing up my dismal failure to complete more researched posts:

Laura (ASBOs): You are correct that many magistrates' courts now like to throw ASBOs around like confetti. I've been threatened with ASBOs by police twice in the past year or so; once for letting my dogs bark inside my own home (apparently, my coffin-dodging neighbours can hear the dogs at least as well I can hear their fucking late-night TV on full volume when I'm trying to get to sleep), and once for using the word "cunt" in a private conversation that was overheard by some nosey sphincter-faced old harridan in the Post Office. It's all very well people bleating about how ASBOs are worthless because young offenders regard them as badges of honour; what about the ineffectiveness inevitably caused by their indiscriminate application?

Chris (Response to my post on infidelity): "I just feel that it has been drilled into me from birth that you should be faithful and that I think is why monogamy still exists as the norm." Man, doesn't that admission just confirm my point, though? (I'm not even gonna start on the American medical drama comparison...)

Before you all vanish into the eTher, I'd like to leave you with these words of wisdom once imparted to me by Lemmy Himself:

"If people would do drugs and fuck more, there'd be much fewer wars. Because fucking and getting high are much more fun than killing people!"


And are you going to argue with fuckin' Lemmy? No: that's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment